Question by Quyen Nguyen (Quinn): WordPress Theme – index.php?
Hello, I was modifying my home.php page by using the contents in the index.php (in the sanbox theme). I don’t have any experience with php.
I need to do several things
1. Limit the number of post display on the home page: I want only 3 or 4 articles displaying at a time, not ALL of them
2. Confine the space the each sample of each post takes: For example, I want to confined the sample of the post to only 300px in height, and then the “read more” link. This way I have control over my layout. Hope that makes sense.
3. The sample of the posts flows to the next column: So say I have 2 columns, and each sample shown in sequence, 3 posts in column 1 and 3 posts in column 2. Too vague, I know, but I can’t really explain it better.
Any tricks or help would be much appreciated.
Answer by Windowphobe
1) From Settings/Reading, type the desired number in the block “Blog pages show at most _____ posts.”
2) Were I doing this, I’d measure how many lines it took to produce the desired height, and then I’d insert a Read the rest of this entry