EC-Council Take That Site Down! Hacking Competition
Columbia Falls, MT (PRWEB) July 28, 2006
EC-Council ATC A1 Network Associates will be organizing hacking competitions around the country. This competition is free and legal training and testing ground for hackers to test and expand their hacking skills.
EC-Council ATC A1 Network Associates will host series of servers (complete) with web servers, database servers, firewalls, IDS and antivirus. You are required to hack these machines and “own” the system. In a variety of hacking challenges you will be given an application (Web or e-commerce application) with an objective and you are expected to manipulate the operating system, the executable or through other means to complete the level. Each challenge operates in a different way and will require methods.
There are 5 challenges:
1. Basic Web Hacking
2. Realistic missions
3. Encryption Challenges
4. Programming Challenges
5. Application Challenges
6. Wireless Challenges
What do you mean “Own” the system?
If you can successfully penetrate the system and perform the following actions then it is considered “hacked” or “owned” the system.
1. Replace a webpage on a webserver
2. Stop certain services like http, ftp, smtp remotely (denial of service)
3. Reboot the computer
4. Plant a Trojan
5. Login to the system using cracked password
6. Cause the machine to crash
7. Penetrate and place any file remotely.
1. You must bring your laptop loaded with any programs, OS or hacking tools.
2. There is no restriction on the tools used
3. You can use any network means to perform the hack
4. Your hacking sessions are authorized and restricted only to the available servers
5. You are not allowed to “hack” other participants computer. If you do then you be disqualified.
6. You are not allowed to engage in any unethical and rude behavior during the competition other wise you will be disqualified.
What you will provided?
1. You will be given the IP address of the servers available for you to hack.
2. You will be given network access (LAN cable port or Wireless access instructions)
3. You will be given the time duration to accomplish the task.
What is the prize if I succeed?
You will given variety of prizes. Contact the organizer for the prize information.
What Servers will be provided to hack?
The following servers will be available for attack. You will be given their IP address as well.
1. Web server
2. FTP server
3. Application server
4. Database server
5. Wireless Access Points
, Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
Filed under: Web hosting
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!